Friday, July 24, 2009

Water spouts

A few mornings ago as I was getting off duty, dispatch contacted the fire station to let us know that up to 3 water spouts had been reported in the area.

I love water spouts, and I've been waiting 12 years (the time I've lived on Hilton Head Island) to see one in real life!

It turns out there was a water spout just off the coast along South Forest Beach. I could have turned left out of the fire station, driven one block, and watched it for 15 minutes!

Maybe next time. On the plus side, a lot of people saw the water spouts and took pictures, which can be viewed at the Island Packet's website.

Image credit: Brian Vaughn, www.islandpacket.com

Image credit: Jeff Davidson, www.islandpacket.com

See the rest of the photos HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment